Wednesday, February 11, 2009
This chapter made me realize that digital art can be expressed in many mediums. I always thought of digital art on the internet or magazine, but never displayed in a museum next to paintings and other traditional art. Digital art also makes the pieces interactive in another level. Some by detecting motion and others with the use of a mouse, audiences can manipulate the art in a way never before possible. This is displayed in Rafael Lozano-Hemmer's work with the moving hand projected onto the facade of a building. The chapter also makes the statement that digital art is a new representation of physical space. Recognizing a digital image of what it is supposed to represent is really a matter of perception and cognition, according Peter Anders. I think that digital art is much more capable of tricking the illusion of reality in that it has new elements that replicate the physical world, such as motion and interaction, that other genres are not capable of simulating. I also learned what an avatar is, and how it is a representation of the person who created it. Digital art really took off in the mid 1990's. From using different media for the art to making much more complex pieces of art. I didn't think that digital art was even being explored in the 60's. It is interesting to see the progression of digital art spike in the mid nineties compared to the much slower progression in previous decades.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment